Wedding preparations are both tedious and fun and a lot of times couples tend to be overwhelmed with the whole preparation that brings in stress. But then again, feeling haggard should not be manifested on how a couple should look especially on one of the most important photo shoot they’ll be. It’s been a beautiful tradition to have engagement shoots once the most awaited questions has been popped out and its but necessary that couples both looked happy and beautiful, less with worries of all the wedding preparations.
I have listed below some of the best tips to have a successful engagement shoot.
1. Look for your ideal location. This can be a park, beach, farm or a museum, just keep in mind the weather and the amount of light you would need. Many couples choose a place that has significance in their relationships or manifest their personalities or hobbies. It would be great to include favorite hang-out during the courtship since it will add romance in the shoot itself.
2. Talk to the photographer. Photographers have their own idea of engagement shoots but they would gladly accept your suggestions or ideas to make the shoot even more beautiful. Discussing with them your wants and expectations would make things a lot better and you would know what to bring if ever.
3. Coordinate outfit with your partner. Coordination in your clothes doesn’t necessarily mean the same color; just stick with sporty if your partner is in sporty or formal wear when he is in formal and not being too casual. Make sure that both of you have thoroughly discussed this prior to the engagement shoot.
4. Be prepared physically and beautify yourself. You will be the important subject of these photos and of course you would only want the best you to be captured so make the necessary preparations. Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and have enough sleep even amidst the wedding preparations. Exercise and think of positive thoughts that will make you glow all the more.
5. Practice in the Mirror- Weeks before the photo shoot you could ask your partner to make a simple rehearsal in front of the mirror so both you will know what angle, style and position flatters you both. You should also notify your engagement photographer of these key points so he/she could emphasize on these. You will also be both comfortable smiling and posing on the actual day if you are well prepared.
6. Relax and Just Feel the Moment. Engagement shoots aim is to capture romance and love you have for each other and these things will be natural if you will not focus on the photographer but to your partner. Make some eye contacts; don’t hesitate to show sweet gestures and disregard if someone is watching. Just be romantic and show some love and everything will go perfect!
Follow these simple tips to make sure that you would be immortalizing the best engagement photos that you and your partner will cherish a lifetime.